We take great care when we handle personal information. This Privacy Statement helps you better understand how and why your data is stored and used by us.
How is my personal information collected? Personal information is information that may identify you or by which your identity may be reasonably determined. Such personal information may include your name, address, date of birth, contact details, or any other information you provide through your use of www.cloudcatcher.org
In this privacy statement, ‘personal information’ has the same meaning as defined by section 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (‘Privacy Act’). The main way we collect personal information is when you visit us at www.cloudcatcher.org and submit your personal information or request it be used (i.e. by using a contact form or subscribing to an email newsletter). Your personal information may be collected through the following services used on our website:
• Contact forms
• Mailing list
• Cookies & Analytics
• Social Network widgets and buttons (Instagram, Twitter etc)
How do you use my personal information? We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our functions or activities under the Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act), and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes. We do not give personal information about an individual to any government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
• you have consented
• you would reasonably expect, or have told us, that information of this kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
• it is otherwise required or authorised by law
• it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
• it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Is my personal information stored securely? We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
Can I access or change the personal information I give you? Yes, you can access the personal information that we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct or change it however you like. Contact us directly via hello[at]cloudcatcher[dot]com or the other options on this website.